MAKING A HOT WATER WITH FRIDGES, WASHING CLOTHES IN RAINWATER, INSULATE THE FLAKES OF RECYCLED PAPER, AND PRODUCE ITS ELECTRICITY ON SITE... AS WITH THE ECONOMY, HEALTHY ECOLOGY PRESUPPOSES UNDERSTANDING THAT WITH FREEDOM GOES TOGETHER WITH RESPONSIBILITY.
At L'AUBIER, for over 30 years we have been striving to realise our ideals in out day-to-day activities. On this path, every step is a search for coherence and calls for a certain authenticity.
Seen outwardly, achievements are no readily visible, so we have listed a few traces of our endeavours. We leave it to your imagination to sense the intensity of our efforts...
- 100% organic,
- the choice of farming bio-dynamically,
- the creation of the initiative «Sowing the Future!» in support of GMO-free agriculture,
- a clear social structure that ensures freedom of initiative with funding based on a large number of partners and customers,
- the conscious purchase of all products used: origin, mode of production and marketing, social and environmental consequences,
- the use of natural, degradable and high quality materials in the construction of buildings,
- on-site production of a third of our electricity from co-generation,
- waste heat recovery from refrigeration and ventilation systems,
- collection of rainwater to supply toilets and washing machines,
- the installation in 2009 of 320m2 of photovoltaic panels.